Selection rules and criteria
Criteria for participation:
· 2-3 year undergraduate students (1998-2002 years of birth, over 18 by 1 July);
· B2-C level of English;
· No record of participation in RANEPA Summer Campus.
· Creativity, decision-making skills, openness to innovations;
· Organizational skills and ability to work in a team;
· Analytical skills: ability to search for information, analyze and systemize it.
Checking and assessing candidates’ results:
Shortlist of application forms, based on English language test results and subject-related video.
Subject-related video (1-3 min) in English on one of the following topics:
· HOW DO YOU INFLUENCE THE FUTURE RIGHT NOW?
· DESCRIBE THE LEADER OF THE FUTURE
· TOOLS OF MANAGING THE FUTURE
Scale of scores for competitive selection
Test – pass/fail (in case of ‘fail’ the candidate drops out)
Subject-related video – 5-12 points (minimum act score – 9 points)
Evaluation of subject-related video criteria
NB: the video will be evaluated only if it fits with the required timing of 1-3minutes.
Language proficiency level 1-3
Novelty / innovative ideas on the subject 1-2
Validity of arguments 1-2
Logical presentation of the material 1-2
Creative approach 1-2
Emotional impression 0-1
Minimum score – 5 points
Maximum score – 12 points
Individual interview (via Skype / VCV):
The Individual interview is aimed at assessing whether the participants’ personal qualities conform to the mission and goals of RANEPA Summer Campus.
The interview with each candidate lasts about 3-5 minutes.
The results of these interviews will be assessed basing on a ten-point scale.
Summing up the individual interview results:
Following the interview, the Contest Committee will make a list of candidates who have successfully passed the selection procedure and are invited to RANEPA Summer Campus.